Invisalign has become the most popular orthodontic treatment simply because it straightens your teeth with clear aligners which are virtually invisible to people around you. As opposed to traditional metal braces, Invisalign offers patients a discrete and comfortable approach to the teeth straightening process.
Invisalign aligners resembles a super thin mouthguard and are customised to each patients’ teeth using advanced 3D software. These clear aligners are designed to gradually and gently move your teeth into the desired position.
Over the course of your treatment, your Invisalign aligners will be replaced with a new set of aligners every two to three weeks. Each set of aligners builds on the last set so your teeth continue to gradually move throughout your treatment. If you’d like to learn more about Invisalign, visit our patients’ most frequently asked questions about Invisalign.
- Virtually invisible – People around you won’t even notice your Invisalign aligners because they’re made from clear, plastic material which are virtually invisible.
- Removable – You can simply remove your Invisalign aligners when you need to eat or clean your teeth. This also makes it easy to clean your aligners when needed.
- Effective – Invisalign aligners are just as effective as traditional metal braces, and they’re more comfortable and easier to manage.
- Less restrictions – Considering that you can easily remove your Invisalign aligners, your diet is not as restricted as when you have traditional metal braces.
- Less appointments – Most patients with Invisalign require less orthodontic appointments than patients with traditional metal braces.
If you want to straighten your teeth with orthodontic treatment, Invisalign could certainly be feasible for you as most orthodontic issues can be treated with Invisalign aligners. There is also a separate treatment for teenage patients known as Invisalign Teen. Invisalign Teen works in a similar way as standard Invisalign aligners, however the only difference is Invisalign Teen aligners have a blue dot indicator to help teenage patients remember to wear their aligners for the recommended 22 hours each day.
Aligner chewie’s are available to Invisalign patients which essentially ‘massage’ the aligner around the teeth so they fit comfortably. They also help your teeth make the transition to the next set of Invisalign aligners.
Our principle orthodontist at Gold Coast Orthodontics is Dr Steven Semaan who is an experienced Black Diamond Invisalign provider. Being a member of The Invisible Orthodontist network, Dr Seeman continues to travel the world to master the Invisalign technique. He has also become a mentor to numerous dentists who are using Invisalign technology.
If you’re interested to discover if Invisalign treatment is right for you, schedule a free consultation with Dr Seeman today.